Many of us come to yoga for lots of different reasons, from gaining greater strength and flexibility, physical healing from injury, reducing stress or just to gain a deeper understanding of life. The beauty about yoga is that anyone can benefit from it. If you can breath, you can practice yoga.
There can be many benefits from practising yoga:
- A light and energized physical feeling
- A stronger, more flexible body, giving your muscles and joints a greater range of motion and reducing unnecessary fat
- An improved nutritional intake, metabolism and digestion
- Cleaning of the body of toxins gathered through lifestyle
- With higher energy levels, yoga replenishes lost vitality to the body
- The body and mind is kept youthful, fresh and powerful
- The mind calms; concentration and memory improves through the sharpening and focussing of the mind
- Quality and consciousness of the breath improves
- Yoga functions as a fabulous supplementary training for sport and physical activities
- Yoga is therapeutic for muscle pain and reduces the risk of overextending and damaging muscles
- Yoga brings, in time, a journey of discovery in body and mind consciousness
Overall most students describe a feeling of well being and balance with a regular practice of yoga in their lives.